Hermann Cross

Hermann Cross
Is it Cross Season yet????

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nats Report: Thursday

Tomorrow is Cyclocross Nationals.

I picked up my pit bike today. My coach, Adam Mills with Source Endurance, gave me his pit bike to use since he isn't coming out to race. We spent a couple minutes adjusting it to fit me but all we really did was move the seat up. It feels a lot different than my bike but it isn't too bad of a switch and I shouldn't have a problem racing on it if I have to switch

After we got it set up we went to the course to preride. The temps got into the high 40s so the course was really bad after some of the races that ran on it today. Basically its a thin layer of slick mud and underneath is frozen ground. My State Wheels and Challenge Tires, Limus, combination rocks though and goes right through the mud and gets traction on the frozen ground underneath. 

Today I feel much better breathing wise. I put in a hard effort to test my legs and lungs after I did a recovery ride. I had no issues breathing and my legs were super responsive. Yesterday I was having trouble on the hill and even though it was slick as hell today I was able to climb no problem. 

I know a couple of people out here and all of them seem ready to rock it. I'm aiming for a top 5 but I feel like I can do it.

A couple other juniors came up with me and they thought it would be funny to put Justin Beiber folders on my hotel door. At least we are having some fun up here!

Thanks for kicking this Bieber Fever thing off Chong (I am gonna get you back for this)!

No comments:

Post a Comment