Hermann Cross

Hermann Cross
Is it Cross Season yet????

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nats Report: Wednesday

Non-championship races today. It was cold in the morning then started to warm up as the southern breeze came in and the sun decided to show its' face. 


Up at 6:30 for a 9 'o clock race and had my breakfast of champions (not really). Happy that they had a heated warm up area considering the tent that I would normally warm up in only half set up. I was kinda surprised that nobody else was using them but it isn't the real deal yet. 


I was expecting to line up on the front line but they randomized the call ups so I ended up on the second line, which isn't too bad. We started and almost immediately after the whole shot I was on the leader drafting her in any place that mattered. 


We got to the first hill and I fell to pieces. My stupid cold is better but hasn't gone away yet so I was struggling for breathe every time I rode up it.


From there on out I kept dropping places on the hills even though I was descending faster than some of the women I was losing ground. Even with my bad race I finished in 5th, which is fine with me as long as I race really strong on Friday. I made it onto the podium though.


No such thing as a bad day on the bike they say, never a bad day indeed when you are on the podium!
I find that I am better off when I race or do a hard effort 2 days before a big race. It just seems to help so I should be really strong on Friday.


Friday is time to redeem myself and get another top 5 in my age group. Hopefully I am feeling better by then...


Dad put up some pics of my race on his Blog: http://rocketfamilyracing.blogspot.com/2012/01/cx-nats-wed-update.html

No comments:

Post a Comment